Saturday, May 25, 2019

Memorial Day Weekend

First Post in the "Cafe"

Well, first RECENT post, anyway.  Getting ALL MY BLOGS activated with posts.  

The "Cafe" seems appropriate to use today, this glorious Saturday spring day, a nice chill in the air (coupled with thick mosquito action most of the day), and birds all singing their mating calls.

Listening to Insane Productivity by Darren Hardy for the 3rd time through, doing the 'rinse & repeat' method, which I will be doing the rest of my life.  I'm on the 3rd of 12 modules and it IS an ass kicker to fill out the digital addiction form HONESTLY (from module 2) and decide which 3 addictions I'm going to start omitting for an entire week (and see if I still actually LIVE) - the good news is,
I will probably actually START LIVING REAL LIFE when I do omit this kryptonite in my life.

First thing, as you may have noticed - I'm off Facebook mostly - some of you may notice I've not LIKED your daily contributions or watched all the videos you've posted.  It's not that I didn't love them or lost interest in you and your life or think your posts aren't cool, because they are....but rather than WATCH YOUR LIFE, I've decided to CREATE MINE FULLY.  

Yahoo News is another kryptonite.  I admit, I love that shit.  And it IS shit.  Fills my consciousness with grisly murders and when the perp gets caught and what happens to the family and the perp, etc.  Then...there's the commentary following - - - OMG, it used to be entertaining, on some of the news stories, but the haters come out in force and participating in this, I have immersed myself in the bottom of the barrel of humanity - which initially was, well, interesting to note, but then scary to realize, and even worse, it took a toll on my positive outlook, my personal empowerment and a host of other life and light robbing stuff.  I don't watch CNN or other news so it blasts my face (don't have TV or cable or any of that) - but reading this stuff is just as bad.

So- it's OVER.  I've got a lot of work to do and it's going to take a boatload of energy to actually WORK OUT EVERY DAY.  Why?  Because I am lazy and still look good with clothes on.  The grace period I had of long, grueling hikes and really pushing myself is over - I'm still flexible and don't eat junk food.....but core strength is something I must regain, and doing my 5 squats (barely) each day is hardly a work out.

So this is my own accountability form right here in the form of writing this blog.  Whether anyone reads it or not is not the point, because the dopamine hit we all get from LIKES on our FB posts isn't as big a deal for me as some people - it is a little deal, but not THAT big. Being it IS a 'little deal' go on ahead and read the blog and hit LIKE and make a comment on my page where I post this.  (wink/grin)

So I'm going to #betheexception and forge on with forgiveness for having been living sort of #thesluglife.

No comments:

Post a Comment